Ever since the outbreak of this deadly virus began in Wuhan, China the world has seen more than 32 Million cases worldwide with the death toll reaching up to a million closely as per the updated statistics so far.
While the whole world is waiting for the vaccine eagerly, we can’t deny the fact that every individual is at risk of getting infected and that fear is causing a lot of stress in everyone.
In such a tough time, we all can and should take some sensible steps which will improve our immunity defense system against viruses, cold, and flu. ONCOHIV
There are several ways to make our immunity strong and effective to fight against such a deadly virus, such as:
WORK ON YOUR STRESS
According to a leading immunologist from the UK, “Stress is one of the major contributors to an unbalanced immune system and susceptibility to infections. It’s important to try and reduce as much as you can through breathing techniques or just taking a moment to have a good cuppa.”
- Stress plays a very large role in damaging your immune system, leaving you vulnerable to not only this coronavirus but many other diseases as well.
- Make some time for meditation, home workouts, spending time with family, and having one hour away from all the technology.
EAT ORGANIC FRUIT AND VEGETABLES
Inculcating the habit of eating fresh and green vegetables, rainbow salads and one fruit a day can work wonders for your immune system.
- Fruits and vegetables carry around antioxidants in them which helps you fight against the oxidants of the body.
- Vitamin-A rich vegetables such as sweet potatoes, squash, and beetroot are very essential to provide beta-carotene to your body.
- Vitamin A helps in keeping the mucosal linings in our nose and lungs strong enough to fight against the virus.
IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY SLEEP
One of the first steps people go wrong with is not getting enough sleep in a day. Inadequate sleep pattern or insomnia makes our immunity very weak over time. ONCOHIV
- Give yourself 7-8 hours of sleep a day
- Keep all the electronic devices away one hour before to the bed
- Make sure the room temperature is ideal for sleeping as this is a major reason behind the sleeplessness. Investing in air conditioning Sydney for your room or choosing a ducted air conditioning system will help you a lot.
WASH YOUR HANDS, USE MASKS, SANITIZER, AND GLOVES
Hygiene is the utmost need of the hour as it is the primary tool to stop the spread of this deadly virus.
- Make sure to wash your hands regularly with a good soap.
- When going outside, don’t forget to wear a mask, gloves to protect yourself from the environment.
- Don’t forget to carry a sanitizer with yourself and wash your hands whenever it comes to a foreign particle touch.
- Avoid scratching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
MAKE WORKOUT MUST
Get in touch with a trainer or look for online videos on the workout at home. Being regular with exercise will increase the blood circulation in your body, more toxins will find out of the body through sweat.
- You can include daily workouts like jumping jacks, squats, planks, pull-ups, push-ups, stretch band workouts, skipping, spot running, lunges, etc. under the ducted air conditioning Sydney system.
- Don’t forget to add the rest day with your schedule to relax your muscles giving ample time to recover.
- Exercising not only makes your immunity stronger but also secrets the endorphin hormone which is responsible for making you happy.
KEEP UP YOUR VITAMIN-D DOSAGE
To make your immune system run without any problem, make sure you’re feeding your body with Vitamin-D.
- It stimulates peptide production in our body who is the front face in the fight against fungi, bacteria, and various other viruses.
- Food sources include eggs, fatty fish, and seeds.
- Although Vitamin-D is hard to get through food materials, it is recommended to take the supplements after the consultation with your doctor.
GOOD TIME TO LEAVE BAD HABITS
It is a wise choice to restrict your outings during this time and the occasional visit to a liquor store or cigarette stall can be avoided. This is the best time to get rid of your old habits which were deteriorating your health from a long period.
- Smoking abuses the respiratory system, whereas drinking alcohol reduces immunity making the body more vulnerable to diseases and viruses.
- According to a survey, there is an increase in the number of people who quit this and are now thankful that they took the decision.
Drinking a good amount of water helps in flushing out the toxins from your body and is the best way to increase immunity.
- Make immunity booster drinks at home, turmeric milk, fresh fruit juice, and coconut milk to stay hydrated and healthy at home.