Quite just how chicken wings compliment beer or cheese compliments red wine in the same way, berries complement chocolate cakes. The juicy, citrusy punch which berries tend to add on top of a rich, chocolatey and sugary cake is what makes chocolate+ berry cakes a popular cake choice all over the world. Also, berries tend to add their charm when they are added on top of a chocolate cake to leave us drooling over it. Today, over this cake article, we are gonna share you two most tempting chocolate and berry cake recipes – one is that of a rich, dreamy-creamy chocolate strawberry cake while the other one is that of a moist chocolate blueberry cake. Make your notes, don your baking hats and start baking!
Chocolate Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 3/4 cup hot strong brewed coffee or hot water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups unsalted butter cubed, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped
- 2 oz heavy whipping cream
- Start by preheating the oven at 350F. Meanwhile, grease a 6-inch baking pan and line it up with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Take all the dry ingredients in a bowl and using a mixer stir together to combine it all.
- Then take another bowl and place all the wet ingredients in it. Whisk them all together.
- Further, add wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix them all for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour this batter into the already prepared pan and bake it for about 30-35 mins.
- Once bakes, take the cake out of the oven and place it on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Cut down this cake into 6 layers horizontally once it cold down completely.
- To make the strawberry buttercream, place egg whites and sugar in a bowl. Whisk them until combined.
- Further, add cubed butter and mix it until smooth. Add strawberry puree and whip it until it achieves buttercream like consistency.
- For the ganache, you will need some chopped chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it for 20 minutes. Keep stirring until the ganache turns out to be smooth and silky. Let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Now, assemble the cake layers by layering it up with some strawberry buttercream and the n placing one cake layer on top of the other. Once you coat the top layer with buttercream frosting, make sure to cover the cake sides even. Use a spatula to even out the frosting.
- Once the frosting is done, pour some chocolate ganache on the top layer of the cake and let it drip from its sides. Top up the cake with some whole strawberries and whipped cream dollops. Your chocolate strawberry cake is now ready to be served.
Chocolate Blueberry Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh frozen, thawed blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon orange flavour liqueur
- Start by preheating the pan at 350F and meanwhile line up the baking pan with a parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Pour flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix them well.
- Now in a blender, blend water, blueberries, and egg unless it turns into a smooth batter.
- Pour the wet mixture in the dry ingredients.
- Stir well to combine the batter altogether. Now, pour this batter into the already prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and check its doneness by pricking a knife or toothpick. Once done, place it on a wire rack for it to cool down.
- Now heat chocolate chips and butter together. Mix the orange liquor in it.
- Drizzle some ganache and smoothen it out using a spatula. Dust some confectioners’ sugar on top of the cake.
- Cut and serve along with some fresh berries.