QuickBooks is an accounting software that is filled with so many features and functions that will always help you manage the accounts of your organization. The QuickBooks software is so easy that you hardly need an accountant to run this application. You can do it yourself.
One of the many functions that QuickBooks has is that you can merge different accounts in your QuickBooks Desktop and it is very important that you should know How to merge accounts in QuickBooks. If in case you are not able to merge the accounts you can always give a call to our QuickBooks Customer Service.
Merging these accounts together will not only save you a lot of time but also kind of work like an ecosystem so you just need to record a transaction and it automatically adjusts in the books itself.
Precautions that you need to take before merging any account
Before you merge your accounts in QuickBooks you need to take some precautions in the beginning. All these precautions are given below:
- You need to make sure that you backup your company file before you merge any kind of your accounts in QuickBooks.
- You should have to change your mode from the company file to ‘Single User’.
- Please ensure that there are no pending account changes.
- The option Multi-currency should be on.
- Please ensure that the suppliers that you are merging are not Tax authorities, Tax-exempt, Paid through Online Banking or Direct deposit suppliers.
These are some precautions that you need to take before merging any account in your favourite desktop software QuickBooks.
How to merge accounts in QuickBooks
To merge accounts in QuickBooks you just need to follow the given instructions and you will be able to merge your accounts in Quickbooks successfully.
- Tap on the Accountant menu, then choose Chart of Accounts.
- Make a note of the account that you would like to keep.
- Right-click the name of the account that you would like to merge, then hit Edit Account.
- Replace the account name with the one you took note of or copied, then choose Save & then Close.
- A prompt will appear, go ahead and tap on Yes to merge the account.
Please keep in mind that if in any case, you receive a prompt saying (You cannot merge an account that has online information associated with it into another account) This means the bank feeds that you have been activated and that needs to be deactivated.
If you follow all these given steps you can easily merge your accounts in QuickBooks. This article is all about merging accounts with QuickBooks, what are the things that you need to take care of, how to merge the accounts etc.
However, if in any case, you are not able to merge it yourself you can always talk to one of our representatives at QuickBooks Customer Service and they will help you with the most appropriate solution.
In conclusion, QuickBooks is a software that is there to help you with the accounting or bookkeeping of your organization. If you merge the accounts that will help you immensely to record transactions, expenditure, and all these funds related things in the accounts of your organization.
The whole motive of this article is to educate you about how merging the accounts can help you manage your books, How can you merge in QuickBooks, and the precautions that you need to take before you merge your accounts in QuickBooks.
However, there might be a possibility that you don’t understand the given steps carefully or maybe you are facing some other issue in both cases you must talk to our QuickBooks Expert that are available at QuickBooks Customer Service 24/7 to give you the appropriate solutions related to your issues.