ITIL is currently the standard in IT service management. Large and small organizations adopt the ITIL framework to improve the quality of deliverables efficiently and economically. With growing competition, each organization is trying to distinguish itself by providing better service to the end customer.
Thus, the need for ITIL foundation and other higher-level certifications like ITIL V4 and Axelos certifications will only grow. So, with an ITIL certification, you can be ensured of a good jump in your current job, or if starting as a fresher, be sure of a good starting salary and perks.
What is ITIL
ITIL is the full form or acronym for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. It consists of best practices, procedures, and frameworks that address the IT service management for delivering and managing IT services in an optimal way. And it works as a guideline to standardize the selection, planning, delivery, and support of IT services to maximize efficiency and ensure predictable levels of service across the whole organization.
Some key ITIL concepts and principles are:
- To deliver maximum value to all customers
- Optimize all internal resources and capabilities
- Offer useful and reliable services
- To plan processes having specific goals
- Define job roles clearly for each task.
ITIL is among the most commonly used frameworks to manage IT services. There are 4 levels of ITIL certifications. These levels are:
- ITIL Foundation: This level gives a firm understanding of the ITIL V4 framework, core concepts, and terms of ITIL service lifecycle.
- ITIL Intermediate
- ITIL Practitioner
- ITIL Expert
ITIL V4, released in February 2019, is the most recent version of the ITIL framework. Therefore, it is the most sort after certification in IT services management.
After completing ITIL certification, it would be easy to understand how it has evolved and adopted modern technologies, operational processes, and the necessary concepts in a service management framework.
Benefits of ITIL certification
- ITIL certificationcan be useful for anyone interested in the concept of ITIL frameworks and IT service management. It can be IT Professionals and Consultants, Project, Business and Program managers, IT executive and support team members, Database administrators, Service delivery professionals, Audit managers, and other IT executives
- There are no pre-requisites required to take up the ITIL V4 certifications
- ITIL courses online is a good option for all interested
- Organizations can improve efficiency and dependency levels as well as overall operation by implementing ITIL frameworks
- ITIL certified professionals can have higher salary expectations on completing the ITIL V4 exam successfully – sometimes it could even be 40% higher
What is Axelos
Axelos was formed in 2013 and is a joint venture between the Cabinet office of Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) and Capita. The aim of this collaboration was to improve upon the best practices, methodologies, and frameworks earlier constituted by the Office of Government Commerce UK.
Today governing body looks to do all this for Project Management, IT Services Management, Program Management, Portfolio Management, and Cyber Resilience. It has created a huge impact and has been used in over 150 countries from its inception.
With regular updates to their frameworks, Axelos has stayed relevant. So, with Axelos certifications, you can aim to be providing best practice guidance in official manuals, templates, and other toolkits that organizations use. Axelos training and Axelos certifications, among other options, work best with ITIL certification and ITIL training courses.
Many IT and non-IT professionals could benefit from Axelos certifications. It can be useful for anyone interested in understanding of best practices in ITIL frameworks and IT service management, its methodologies.
It can be beneficial for IT Managers, Project and Program managers, Risk Managers, Business Analysts, Network engineers and architects, Security auditors and consultants, System security architects, Information security managers, Project stakeholders and sponsors, and other IT operation managers.
ITIL Certifications are becoming popular in most organizations across all industries. Since there is increasing adoption of ITIL best practices, the need for ITIL-certified professionals is growing.
Further, key parameters like change management, continuous improvement, and improved efficiency are all drivers of the ITIL framework, which organizations will always be looking for. It is why ITIL certifications and Axelos certifications are considered valuable.