CAT or Common Admission Test is a prerequisite for admission to various Post Graduate and fellow programmes of Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), along with other B-Schools in the country. CAT scores are allowed by some non-IIM member institutions. List of the institutions are provided in the official CAT website. IIM have no role in the admission or selection procedure of the non-IIM institutions.
In 2020, IIM Indore will conduct computer-based CAT 2020 in two sessions considering the Covid-19 situation on November 29, 2020. Details regarding the CAT 2020 examination can be obtained from the official website (iimcat.ac.in).
Important CAT 2020 dates:
|July 29, 2020||CAT 2020 notification release|
|Aug 5, 2020, Wednesday||Form released|
|Sept 16, 2020, Wednesday||Last Date to fill the form|
|Oct 16, 2020, Friday||CAT mock test release|
|Oct 28, 2020, Wednesday||Admit Cards will be available|
|Nov 29, 2020, Sunday||CAT 2020 test|
|2nd week of January 2020||Result Declaration|
How to fill CAT 2020 registration form online?
The most important thing is to know the process to fill the CAT 2020 registration form. The registration for CAT 2020 began on August 5 and was closed on September 16. This section will guide you the step-by-step procedure. But before getting started, candidates should have the things mentioned below.
Things needed when filling the form
- Recent scanned photograph
- Scanned signature
- Mark sheets of Class 10, Class 12, and graduation (if completed) – for filling the marks
- Debit/credit card for the fee payment
- Upload your recent passport size photograph (not older than six months)
- Proper visibility of head and shoulders
- Dimension: 30mm x 45mm
- Maximum file size: 1 MB
- Supported file format: JPEG, JPG
- Please upload the same photo that will be affixed on the admit card
- Ensure to have the proper scanned copy using a scanner only
- Upload clean signature
- Maximum file size: 80Kb
- Supported file format: JPEG, JPG
CAT 2020 Registration
The registration process includes three steps:
- Online Registration
- Filling the Application form
- Fees Payment
Step 1: Visit the IIM CAT website(iimcat.ac.in)
Step 2: Click on Register. New tab will appear. (Do not use mobile to fill this form for avoiding errors)
Step 3: Fill in the Basic details. (As per the mark sheets)
Step 4: Verify your mobile number in the same tab and Generate OTP.
Step 5: Login using User Id and Password sent to your registered email id and mobile number.
Step 6: Select the Go to Application Form and fill your Personal Details, Academic Details, Work Experience, Programmes, Test city and Payment.
|Work Experience (If any):
Step 7: Select the Click here to upload and Upload the scanned Photograph and Signature. Press Save and Continue.
Step 8: Review the application form and move to the Payment window.
Step 9: Complete the payment.
- Payment can be done through debit/credit card or net banking.
CAT Test centres and cities:
- Conducted in 156 cities across India
- Candidates have to select six cities in order of their preference
- Cities once selected cannot be changed
- The CAT exam centre venue will be provided in admit card only.
Video tutorial of CAT 2020 Registration process: CAT 2020 Registration Form process
CAT 2020 Form Correction
The candidates will be given a chance to correct the application form by the examination authorities. The window to edit will be available for a limited time with few fields for correction such as academic marks, work experience, programmes and can upload a new photo.
Step1: Visit the CAT website
Step2: Login to CAT account using the User Id and Password
Step3: Click on Application Form
Step4: Follow the instructions to edit the application form
Step5: Review and Submit the form